Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Final Review for Red Faction

First off, before I criticise, you must please take in mind that this is a 12 year old game. Second, the game was a bit of a platform release for Playstation 2 and PC but mainly focused on PC. Ok, now I can begin. Holy shit, this game was fucking awesome. I loved the destructive mechanics of this game. It was used to hide secrets and sometimes just had to be used to progress in the game. I loved the C4 and rocket system implemented early on. The story was terrible. Miners being mistreated and being experimented on by a mad scientist who then dies and is superseded by mercenaries to clean up the evidence when you send message to the EDF. As for having linear game play, this game doesn't have it. That's a plus in my book. With the destructive engine used to go about the path in multiple ways it's one of the best examples of a choice based non-RPG there is and was at the time. This game really holds up well to the huge modern games of today, in terms of game play. I would definitely replay this in the future and I would recommend it to anyone who likes games with a lot of destructive and action along with gamers who like choices in the way they approach a situation and progressiveness.

So here are my selling points:
  • Great destructive geometry base system
  • Lots of choices for how to take care of " business"
  • Great game play
  • Replayability is present.
  • You get to be a spy with a suit.
Please play this game , it is one of the best games I have ever played. With this being my first play through I would easily say this game in in my top 10 best games list.

No comments:

Post a Comment